To all Fans and Filmakers coming to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre shows on the 28th and 29th August 2012,
Directors FRED&NICK are making a film of the Red Rocks concerts and we want your footage to be a part of this documentary.
We’re looking for stories about you, who you are – your lives and loves, your friends, families, homes, towns and places of importance to you..
Your footage should feel like a snapshot of your life at this point and documentation of your journey to, and experience of the Red Rocks shows. Say as much and as little about Mumford & Sons as you like..
Introduce who you’re travelling with and show us how you are getting to the venue – walking, cycling, driving, RV, the more individual the better. We want to capture your favourite moments from the show itself and importantly, we want all of our filmmakers to be filming before the encore so we can experience it with you.
And what do you do in the aftermath of the concert? What’s your next morning like? Where do you go from here?
How do you want to tell your story?
We want you to be imaginative, come at this with an independent eye. The more variety the better, Handheld cameras and pocket Camcorders, Cell-phones, Super 8 perhaps whatever you can get and the highest quality you can muster.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PROFESSIONAL RECORDING EQUIPMENT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE VENUE TO FILM, THIS IS NOT A CALL TO FILM THE GIG ITSELF, FRED&NICK WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT. IT IS A CALL TO FILM YOUR JOURNEY TO THE SHOW AND YOUR EXPERIENCE.
PERMITTED FOR FILMING IN VENUE:
Cell Phones, Small Personal Cameras and small Camcorders.
NOT PERMITTED FOR FILMING IN VENUE:
NO professional hand held video cameras
NO DSLR/SLR film or stills cameras with detachable lenses
NO Audio recording equipment
We’ll select our favourite footage to feature in the final cut and all clips that are used will of course be credited on the final DVD!
Thank you for reading! Find the full instructions and link to read the terms and conditions below.
1. Collate and timeline all your footage into a 10 minute clip (Edited or unedited – we don’t mind)
2. Upload to YouTube headed ‘Road to Red Rocks **Your Name*
3. Email a link to the youtube video to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. In that email make sure to include your name, email address, age, date of event you attended and a contact telephone number, and details of your footage.
5. You can send us as many clips as you like – we’ll everything and consider it for inclusion in the film.
6. If we choose your footage to include in the film we’ll get in contact with you.
7. If you have any questions, or need any assistance in submitting your clips, please email email@example.com and we’ll try to get back to you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
For the terms and conditions please go to www.mumfordandsons.com/redrocksterms
By submitting your video you are accepting the terms and conditions so please make sure to check them.
We’re very excited about this project and we can’t wait to see what footage you get! No matter what your experience of filmaking, as long as you’ve got a camera and a ticket to a show we would love you to be involved!
– M&S HQ