The NME Chart; Dispelling The ‘Charts Are Boring’ Myth, Since Yesterday…

Yesterday was a memorable one for a multitude of reasons: firstly, it was a Monday. Amazing. Secondly, it was the 2nd of November. Unbelievable. And thirdly… did we mention it was a Monday? Perhaps (almost certainly) most important of all, it just also happened to be the day the first ever NME Chart was announced. True fax. Not only that, but an NME chart that saw Mumford & Sons’ Little Lion Man make an inaugural entrance at a very respectable and actually-quite-colossal No. 10! It’s all based on sales of only the artists featured "in the NME world" – which is the magazine, it’s radio station and it’s website apparently, which is nice.

Number TEN! Like Downing Street, but better.

You can watch all the videos featured in the Top 40 on NME TV (Sky 382) every Saturday, and you can catch a special countdown of the Top 10 songs/videos on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9:00am and 6:00pm… that’s two potential viewings so no excuses… unless you don’t have Sky, in which case, carry on…

M&S HQ
x

1. frannypants says:

Well done boys, I thought I might add too that this day was rather special, as it was also my birthday!(perhaps there was some luck being sent your way via me?)
    I’m really loving your record – Awake My Soul is my transcendental meditation, its one of the most heartachingly beautiful songs I’ve ever heard!
    Thankyou in advance for coming to Australia – I will definitely be in the crowd at one of your gigs and hopefully at Laneway Festival! Keep up the good work.
    Frances.

2. stacey jay says:

I am dying to see you guys in concert, your sound is so unique! I love it! Well Done, I am enjoying your album in my car (and have bought my dad one for his van because I knew he’d love you too!) and I’m looking forward to hearing more. My dad used to be in a band with a great mandalin player, same sort of sound which is what pricked my ears up when I first heard you and investigated further… You have my undivided attention. Keep up the good work! x

3. miftik says:

Congrats. I think I will try to use the “Like Downing Street, but better” line sometime this week.

Congratulations boys! Always nice to see you getting shown some love.

your sound is amazing come to scotland soon ironworks in inverness or Speyfest PLEASEEE

6. huckmaster1210 says:

woop woop first to comment!

You guys are awesome! Spreading the word…MAJORLY! Marcus u will probs not remember me but this is josh huckin nd you used to chill out with my sister Jessie and I remember you coming over to our house!
    Keep Playing!
    Definitely coming to loads of ur gigs!
    C ya!