See Mumford & Sons at the GOTR Stopover in Walla Walla, Washington with Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips + More

Live at the Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover in Lewes [Videos]

Earlier on in this summer of 2013, Mumford & Sons rounded up some of their favourite bands and headed down to the United Kingdom’s southern town of Lewes to set up camp for a two day celebration of music, community and local life.

Basking in the rays of some truly glorious English sunshine, the Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover in Lewes marked yet another extremely special moment in what, it’s fair to say, has been an almost unbelievable summer.

It was just so. much. fun; with an overwhelming number of ladies, gentlemen and children, nay to mention one magical dragon (aka ‘Piff The…’), in attendance to catch performances by Vampire Weekend, The Vaccines, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit and many more, as well as sample a taste of Lewes life.

Whether you were there or not, we are pleased to say that you can now catch a glimpse of the band’s live performance at the Stopover via this new series of videos.

Much love,

1. BHPen says:

Big thanks to 96.5 The Buzz for allowing me to stream live and listen to my favorite band obsession in Monroe, NC. Marcus sounds awesome tonight as always with your smooth voice of an angel, the entire band with all of you guys is excellent. So glad Ted is ALIVE!!! Your lyrics and music speaks to me and touches my soul, getting me through some very difficult times in my life. I thank you for giving your all to your fans each and every night. I cannot wait until your next album drops. Take you some much needed rest and I love you!!! Godspeed!!!…

2. BHPen says:

3. mand9966 says:

WELCOME HOME BOYS – Time for some R ‘n’ R with those you love….Sunday Roast with Mum….and watch the footie! But if you get the itch for a live performance you are welcome to use my house – Amanda from Burnley

4. Hannah :D says:

Haha you’re funny; I couldn’t agree more I just didn’t have the guts to say all that :D Good for you for sticking up for Winston.

5. mand9966 says:

Umm, interesting comments ‘peavyxs’, first of all I do not see what is remotely amusing about someone being “popped in the jaw”, in fact it’s illegal, and Winston doesn’t have a disrespectful or pretentious bone in his body like the rest of Mumford & Sons …unlike yourself who has come on here just to make a nasty comment. Scurrilous gossip fueled by Mumford haters, who to say the least bewilder me completely. End of rant!

6. Hannah :D says:

Well said Amanda.
    I hope that you boys are all okay. I love you no matter what, but remember that there’s a lot of people out there looking up to you, a lot of young people who need good, strong role models in their lives. So please try to stay on your feet for them, and for me. You’re my heroes, so just take care of yourselves and try not to lose yourselves out there, k?

7. peavyxs says:

hahaha how is your banjo players jaw after he got popped when u were getting kicked out of the Clermont…. was that his teeth I saw flying out of his mouth? just because yall got famous overnite doesn’t mean you can come in and disrespect one of this cities oldest clubs

8. bea-bea says:

Question for HQ could we have clarification on the bands status. So many rumours and stories coming out of the USA. I know that the UK is not high priority but we are very patient and loyal.
    I have a Quote ” Why do you go away ? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”

9. mand9966 says:

Getting thrown out of bars, smashing up guitars….very Rock ‘n’ Roll but not very Mumford & Sons…you okay Winston? You guys work too hard…time for a rest and a Sunday Roast with Mum watching the football. – Amanda from Burnley x

10. charebear13 says:

Just heard about the incident at the strip club. I have to admit Im a little disappointed in y’all. But I love you none the less. Stuff happens. I really hope that y’all understand how much we love and have supported y’all here in America. It wouldn’t be any different if we were all British. I have spent so much time, money and energy getting tickets to the shows I can…even driving many hours to get to those shows, not to mention the amount of money I have spent on your merchandise. And last month when y’all were in PA, my father passed unexpectedly and the ticketing agency (StubHub) would not refund the money for my ticket even though I had the obituary and told them I had to fly to Dallas for a funeral the day of the concert. $150 may seem like a paltry bit of money for y’all, but for someone who lives check to check AND still manages to spend all their extra money on y’all, it was a rough blow. I don’t imagine anyone reads these, other than other fans, and I fully expect nothing will ever be done but c’mon guys…at least pretend to care about your American fans. I don’t imagine I will try as hard to get tickets to see y’all again as now I know that when something unexpected and heartbreaking happens, such as losing a father due to a sudden heart attack, the money will still be in your pockets and I lose not just my father, but feel a bit like yall and the people that work for you really dont care. With all of that being said, please be safe and (try) stay out of trouble. Losing a fan might not be a big deal to you, but losing y’all might be a huge deal to a fan…you know what I mean. It’d be really nice if y’all decided to pay it forward somehow. In the meantime, Ive got a grieving process to get through. Safe travels.

11. MackenHj says:

Found the Mumford and Son shoe!!!! Bought 3 pairs haha, so much love for Mumford. Enjoy and you’re welcome xx

12. Hannah :D says:

To Amanda: thanks so much for sharing your photo and story with me! Winston sounds like a genuine sweetheart. Glad to hear he is such a gent; only makes me love him even more! :D

13. charebear13 says:

*excitement, not excited. Damn auto correct…oh wait, that was me. :)

14. charebear13 says:

Well, because of an unexpected death in my family, I did not get to use my tix for the PA show. Had to fly to TX for a funeral instead. Is it sad that I was more upset about missing you guys? lol Also wanted to inform you (if anyone actually reads this…lol) that due to a rather life altering birthday I have coming up on the 24th, I am beginning banjo lessons (have never played an instrument in my life!) in 3 weeks! I am giddy with excited, and I thank Winston so very much as he inspired me. <3 Now, I just have to get a 5 string banjo. lol And that will be the only thing to delay me as I am but a wee peasant and therefore, incredibly broke. But, hey, it’s my birthday so something great HAS to happen…. :) Love you guys and as always, safe travels!!! Charity

15. Artist :) says:

You guys sound AMAZING live! I hope so much that will come to British Columbia soon.

16. bigcee says:

Why are you so amazing? Just why? It’s too gorgeous!!
    Please please please come back to New Zealand soon!!!

17. mand9966 says:

To Hannah…let me tell you Winston is a true gent…read my story (with photo) here if you are interested:

18. Sandra K says:

WOW what memories of that fantastic time! that weekend was my 7th Mumford live event and really was so special. Thanks so much to the wonderful kind guy who held my 10 yr old son up on his shoulders that night. He was a music system supplier for the boys and we had a great time. Just returned from Toronto(for my aunts 80th) and managed to pick up a ticket to the concert there but it was nothing like Lewes or anything in this country. Good bonus for me but the crowd was strangely quiet!

19. shannon_b says:

It was truly amazing! Best day of my life, and I will never forget it!!! Well done guys xx

20. Hannah :D says:

To Amanda, the commenter before me, I am so jealous of you right now I could scream: you met Winston Marshall! He’s my hero too; he’s always so random and funny, and I just can’t get enough of his banjo playing, especially since I picked it up myself. Go Win!

21. mand9966 says:

In floods of tears right now….took me straight back to that amazing weekend…one of the best of my life. The icing on the cake for Amanda from Burnley was meeting my hero Winston Marshall. Wish I could time travel!

22. X_x_Georgia_x_X says:

One of the best weekends of my life so far!! Thank you, you beautiful men!!!