See Mumford & Sons at the GOTR Stopover in Walla Walla, Washington with Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips + More

BOOK 1 ANNOUNCED

Thank you for your comments so far, sorry for the terrible delay in starting up, we’ve been experiencing some ‘technical difficulties’ – but all aside, let us begin!

I had considered The Book Thief cos I just finished it and was indeed interested, but this week’s book is going to be ‘All the Pretty Horses’, by Cormac McCarthy… More to follow next week, so get reading!
hurrah!

xMarcus

1. flattering, it makes me remember, nothing, no amount of money, ever could replace a love so great. And this is why I’m addressing you, directly, hopefully you don’t think it vain of me, either way, the thought of it, is so personal. It brings a closeness, a fondness for each of you, touching my heart, you can’t imagine how special you’ve made me feel. And hopefully Scott, realizes how important he must be for your efforts, to ignite a love, regardless of which way it goes. Scott and I, have been through a lot, but I, will always be a friend to him. I don’t think he realizes, the great honor he holds, even considered worthy, of such a love. Anyway, never wanting to fall short in love, I’ve kept who I am, a part of my heritage. Because I, never knew what men went through, this competition of men and legacy of last names. Until, the end of 2012, it consumed me, Scott, not realizing it had more to do with who I was, this time, than times before. He told me it would be over soon, when the New Year rang in. Needless to say, it’s still going and finding myself in position, not normally in for women, at least here. But I, will go on, being the woman, I’ve always been, never falling short of who I, am and carry on my last name. I have so much to write about, things to illustrate, talents waiting to finally be used. I would love to know, the real story about our tale, as you’ve seen it. There are no, boundaries when it comes to when we are at our best. I would love to share our thoughts, views and look forward to hearing from you. My email is: jenhudgins720@yahoo.com; my home phone is: 979-233-1022.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hudgins

2. Jennifer Hudgins, I love the way your songs describe, the heavenly, positions, kings, queens, along side of God. Whether you were writing a love song, for anyone, Scott to Me, or whether it was, seeing through Scott’s, eyes and from your heart, either way, you can’t imagine how beautiful, inside, out, it made me feel personally. Such beautiful, words, for such an humble, unsuspecting girl, me. At the same time, though an honor, especially coming from your group, it reminds me that nothing is ever too far out of our reach. Whether it was meant in Scott’s, honor to me, or from you, to me, any female. It’s portrayed in such a way, that reminds us that many of us, are stars, in our own right. Scott and I, are from the same, cloth, as I, told him, he could of been anyone, the president, who knows. All the time, both knowing, God, had greater plans for who we are, we never thought twice about how, remarkable the experience. It’s once in a life time, if that, to have met someone, so much like myself, finally unashamed that our gifts, were greater than some. But experiencing it, together, with someone you grow to love, like family, along with it’s struggles, almost never happens. Being together, right at the time, along with being compared to what most view a, fairytale, especially being part of God’s, plan, leaves no room for doubt that we were meant, to be right here, at the exact time, place. Nothing planned, just chance meeting. To even think, that any of you experienced, it through his eyes, and felt emotions, affection for me, whether it was the romance, mystical part of it all, is more than flattering. Scott and I, are friends, hopefully at very least. But we all have being Irish, in common, any one of you, could be in same place, as Scott because you were with us all the time.

3. mumfordian45 says:

Yay! Out to buy it now (:

4. merrieheather says:

This week’s reading? Oh dear. I’ve had that book next to my bed for eight years, and now I have a week to complete it? Maybe this will be what it takes to get me to do it. Marcus said, “get to reading!” Here goes…

Someone has been hounding me to read The Book Thief, and am wondering what your ‘soundtrack’ was for that novel.

6. LucyTakeABow says:

lovely book…

7. OkieGirl says:

Wondering what everyone thinks of the novel so far. Just about to start Chapter III. Where is everyone else?

8. harriet.rose says:

Yay, new book and you guys coming to Australia in January, life is good :)

9. teacosy says:

Excellent. I must join this club!

10. Dingwall says:

Working my way slowly through the trilogy by McCarthy right now. Steinbeck-y. Well nice.

11. Anewl says:

Heading to the UK (from Australia) early next year – hope to catch you guys playing!

Sounds like one to check out, I’m not sure if you’ve read this as yet.. but Atonement by Ian McEwan — its one of those books that is almost uncomfortable, and is sooo much more interesting second time round.
    btw LOVE YOUR MUSIC :) My exams start on monday and I’ve been jamming and studying to your music, and I totally love it!!
    anyways enjoy reading Rach x

13. sthor says:

Book Thief is an amazing book. I also liked All The Pretty Horses, although is it as good as No Country for Old Men? I’m not sure.

14. be says:

I may just have to go out and buy this book, if it’s anything like as good as your music I’ll be a contented soul. I haven’t heard an album so amazing in years! We came to see you guys at The Forum and only wished it was longer. So good to see real talent with artistic heart. Thanks for making me smile, cry and jig over the past few weeks (although not all at the same time).. Genius! Christmas is sorted for all my friends, stockings filled.. sigh no more

15. kate says:

Love love love ‘The Book Thief’, it just somehow stands out with the harrowing, stark narration. Made me cry. Alot.
    (although, is it just me or did you think, ‘wait, did she just kiss a dead person? Why do i find that so romantic?’)
    But still, Incredible book.

16. Jen_Syd_84 says:

Guys – Love your music, Fantastic Job, I’m going out to buy your album this morning. Keep up the good work, I look forward to hearing more from you. =) Jen – Sydney Australia.

17. Doo says:

OOOO a book club??? Nice touch guys! I’ll be out getting teh books as soon as :) Who’s bring the coffee and biscuits next week? Me? Ok then x

18. Christie says:

The Book Thief is an amazing read, in my Top 10 books of all time! I’ve not read ‘All the Pretty Horses’ but I have read ‘The Road’ and ‘No Country for Old Men’ both of which were brilliant.

19. alwaysthehours says:

book thief…a m a z i n g…definatly one for the club. beautiful book although slightly harrowing.
    xx