A Ted’s Eye View of the Windy City

Friends. Time has been flying by and as I enjoy this stolen moment in a Cafe on the Charing Cross road I realize that actually a great deal more time has flown by than I at first thought. In fact, so much time has flown by that I now have a mountain of pictures waiting to share themselves with you and over the next few weeks I will be utilizing every spare moment to post more.

We have just arrived home in London from Chicago where we played Lollapolloza festival which was great fun. The Windy city is among my favorite places in the world and during our short stay there I was sure to let my camera take me for a walk. It was about 5pm and the light lent itself to high contrast shadow laden pictures. I love how the scale of the city is exaggerated by this dramatic light…

Chicago sidewalk

With love,

One comment

1. carpinteyrojxw says:

5973888 Tags: Riptropin,Hygetropin,taitropin,Jintropin,getropin,Kigtropin &Links;: Riptropin
    Yet again exciting way to experience Kuala Lumpur and Excitehotels.com offers the best package deals for one experience one cannot forget within one’s lifetime. You have a alternative of restaurants to serve a range of cuisines both western and eastern.They also attempt a range of services favor 24-hour apartment service.Their internet site is going to allow you to check out the bios of the personal trainers nationally.Let’s say you are celebrity who wants to start exercise yet will not be sure where to start. and a well-balanced lifestyle. aerobics

Ted, these are brilliant. And I wanted to thank all you boys for helping me see the world through your music and now, Ted, for helping me see the world through your camera lens. Absolutely brilliant. Keepin’ my fingers crossed for this next year’s tour!

Interesting fact about “The Windy City” I learned the other day from a book I received as a gift: Chicago is not called “The Windy City” because of the winds but was coined “The Windy City” in 1858 during the first World’s Fair by a journalist who called Chicago “The Windy City” referring to it’s residents as being perhaps a bit too boastful about the World’s Fair. Of course, the strong wind didn’t hurt in making the nickname stick.

4. Ariel says:

Love the perspective in these!!

5. Meg says:

What type of camera are you using? I realise this is a question that’s more than likely been asked and answered before and is amongst the archives of comments but decided to chance my arm and try a bit of Irish luck to ask again! X

6. rosieeosings says:

absolutely breathtaking photos of my city! Thank you for posting.

7. how.FICKLE.my.HEART says:

I live in the suburbs of Chicago, so this kind of made my day.

8. Soto says:

These are simply amazing i feel like ive been there when i ahent:)

9. amyrad says:

your photographs are brilliant my friend!
    keep exercising that creative eye.
    also, my dearest T-Bear, I would like to present you with an offer. I will paint you a beautiful rendition of one of your photos, in exchange for a ticket to your hollywood show. I am a poor little art student and would give anything (including my art!) to experience one of your shows. your music is beautiful, and a catalyst for change. I think that’s why it’s so powerful . please email me at amy.radcliffe@asu.edu

10. sarahbuck24 says:

LUSH. reminds me of Steiglitz and the work of the precisionists.